Applicable to SunDAT Pro, Standard, & Essential
SunDAT is missing from Extensions menu or disappears the next time I open SketchUp.
- SunDAT did not properly install
- SunDAT is not enabled in Extension Manager
- Wrong version of SketchUp open
- SunDAT plugin file (sundat_extension.rb) not saved in the correct location
- SunDAT plugin file (sundat_extension.rb) keeps being removed for unknown reason
SunDAT did not properly install
- Download the latest version of SunDAT.
- Open the installer and follow installation instructions
SunDAT is not enabled in Extension Manager
- In SketchUp, go to Window->Extension Manager
- Look for SunDAT (if it says Unsigned, this is okay) and check that the extension is Enabled on the right side.
- If it the Extension shows Disabled, click the Disabled button so it shows Enabled.
- Then press the Apply Changes button at the bottom of the Extension Manager to enable the SunDAT Extension.
Wrong version of SketchUp open
- Check the version you are on the correct version of SketchUp. If you updated to a new version of SketchUp, you will need to reinstall SunDAT.
- Check you have not opened an older version of SketchUp. If you have two versions of SketchUp installed when installing/reinstalling SunDAT, SunDAT will only work for the newer version of SketchUp (Example: if you have SketchUp 2017 and 2019 installed, SunDAT will only work on SketchUp 2019). Uninstall the older version to avoid opening the older version by accident.
SunDAT plugin file not saved in the correct location
The plug-in file, sundat_extension.rb, needs to be saved in the correct location in order for SketchUp to open SunDAT. Below are typical locations where the sundat_extension.rb is located. Note: <username> is your computer username.
- SketchUp 2021: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2020\SketchUp\Plugins
- SketchUp 2020: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2020\SketchUp\Plugins
- SketchUp 2019: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019\SketchUp\Plugins
- SketchUp 2018: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018\SketchUp\Plugins
- SketchUp 2017: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\SketchUp\Plugins
If the sundat_extension.rb is not located in the folder, make sure you have admin rights to install in the C drive and reinstall SunDAT with Full Admin rights.
SunDAT disappears after reopening SketchUp
- Check the plug-in file, sundat_extension.rb, is in the correct folder location
- If the file is not there, then something is removing the file. At this time, we are unable to determine what is causing it to be removed.
- The solution that has been found to work is to download the sundat_extension.rb that is attached with this article and save it to the appropriate location based on the version of SketchUp you are using (see the file path locations above).
- After saving the sundat_extension.rb to the proper file path location, open SketchUp and check that SunDAT is located in the Extensions menu.