Applicable to SunDAT Pro, SunDAT Standard, & SunDAT Essential
Not able to log into SunDAT. Either I am getting an error message or the Log In interface is frozen.
- The email address and/or password are incorrect
- The email address is not the correct email SunDAT has on file for the product key
- The password created uses special characters not recognized in SunDAT
- Company network firewall or VPN is preventing access
- Files not properly installed during initial installation or update
Check email address and password
- Check that the email and password correct.
- If it looks correct, the next step is to confirm your email and password is correct on the SunDAT website. Go to the log in page: Log In
- In the Log In page, type in your email and password. If you are able to log in, that probably means the email we have assigned to the product does not match with your SunDAT account. Email Support and the support team will help you change the email to match. If you are not able to log in, please continue following the next steps.
- If you are not able to log in, the next steps is reset the password.
Can log into SunDAT website but not SunDAT program
The password used in the creation of the account uses special characters not recognized in the SunDAT program. This will require changing your password to not use special characters
- Close SketchUp
- Go to Reset your password page
- Scroll down to Account Management
- Press Generate Password button
- Type in the new password and then press UPDATE PROFILE button. You will receive confirmation of the password change.
- Open SketchUp and then SunDAT. Now try signing in.
Log In screen is frozen/locked after pressing Sign In button
- Restart SketchUp
- Open SunDAT and try logging in again
- If restarting SketchUp and SunDAT does not work, right-click in SunDAT and select Show DevTools which will open the DevTools in separate window
- In DevTools, go to the Console tab. Move the DevTools window to the side and back in SunDAT, press the Sign In button.
- Go back to the DevTools window and check for any messages that appear in the console. If you get any messages like Failed to load resource: the server responded with status of 403 (Forbidden) then there is a firewall or network restriction preventing you from accessing SunDAT. If you are using a VPN, try turning it off, to see if it works. You will also need to contact your IT administrator to allow you access to websites that are required for SunDAT which can be found here: Unable to connect API Server Error.
- If you are still having trouble signing in, then a reinstall might required. You can find the latest download installer here: Download SunDAT. Please note after reinstalling, a patch might need to be installed.
- After reinstalling, check that the App version and Library version, which can be found in the About SunDAT, matches with the latest version: Release notes
- If reinstalling does not work, please contact Support and the support team can provide further assistance.