Applicable to SunDAT Pro, Standard, & Essential
How do I import a KMZ into SunDAT?
While SketchUp does have the capability to import a KMZ/KML through File->Import, it is easier and less likely for complications if imported through SunDAT.
- Open SunDAT
- On the left-side menu, scroll down until Tools which is under Utilities. Click the Tools panel
- In the Tools panel look for Import KMZ/KML. Click the play button
- Search for the KMZ/KML to be imported and then click open
- The KMZ will be imported into your SketchUp model as well as Latitude/Longitude values of the KMZ will be populated in Site Configuration
Please see the video below for more information
- Unable to import KMZ/KML: "Exception: Undefined Prefix XSI found"
- Unable to import KMZ/KML: Not enough edges - at least 3 required