Applicable to SunDAT Pro, Standard, & Essential
This is a workaround to export tables as single tables instead of individual modules to PVsyst for ground mount fixed-tilt structures. In SunDAT, the only options for showing fixed-tilt tables is by Outline which shows the fixed-tilt as projected flat and 2D or 3D which show the tables as a structure with the tilt and the modules. In order for the exported tables to show as a single object with tilt and no modules, the table component will have to be edited in SketchUp.
- Select (1) fixed-tilt table in the model and right-click. Select Switch rendering to -> 2D so that the table is 2D.
- Double-click the table so you are in component editing mode
- In the Default Tray in SketchUp go to the Layers (Tags for SketchUp 2020) and expand. Press the 'Plus' symbol to add a layer. Give the layer a name and make sure that it is the active layer with the pencil symbol.
- Draw a polygon at the corners of your table. Make sure a face is created (see example below)
- Hit escape or double-click outside table to get out of editing the component.
- In the Layers (Tags) tray make the layer SD3_COMP_PV_LAYER invisible by clicking the eye symbol (SketchUp 2020/2019) or the unchecking Visible.
- Now the tables will show as a single object and can be exported to PVSyst.